As all snipers know, finding the target is the hardest part. In Sniper Arena, you never know what you are about to walk into, who will be there and where. So a little preparation and quick adjustments are needed, or as the saying goes “You snooze – you lose!”
ENTERING THE UNKNOWN
A target of opportunity comes in two forms; unplanned and unanticipated. You can equip the VENOM mask, which is great for fighting bots, but not-so-much if the match is filled with opponents and no bots.
So how do you prepare? The trick is to be ready for the unknown.
OBJECTIVE -VS- TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY
You first need to know the difference between targets, based on your objective and where/when they will show up. Determine your objective beforehand, but adapt as you play the match.
There are three types of targets:
- HIGH VALUE = Opponents (real players, but never your teammates)
- MEDIUM VALUE = Bots (game controlled opponents)
- LOW VALUE = Bonuses (random coins for Cash, Diamonds, Stamina and Boosters)
- RANKPOINTS = The main goal is to rack up Personal or Squad Points
- DAILY TASKS = You have select tasks you need to perform
- COMPETITION = Your squad needs to win matches for Tournament or Domination tours
NOTE: As long as targets will not compromise the planned objective, the military may elect to attack additional targets, if the opportunity to do so arises. Operational objectives and primary target allocation will generally not be altered to account for a target of opportunity, unless that target is changed by a commanding officer and receives a higher target value (for example, in mid-tournament the situation changes and the team needs to adjust to accommodate).
Every player shoots from the same vantage point. As you scan over the battlefield, you will see targets popping up all over the place. At first it may seem like an infinite amount of locations. After a while you will notice there are a limited number of spots a target will appear.
NIGHT VISION MODE:
Using the infrared view is the easiest way to spot targets. The screen goes dark and each target sticks out in a lighter color.
NIGHT VISION PROS/CONS:
Has limited duration. You need to upgrade the your battery or rattle to make it last longer. Some gear has automatic bonuses that add to the duration.
Takes an extra step to activate. “Pressing to active” takes some time and mental effort in an already fast paced situation, but can be minimized through practice. There are UPGRADES that turn on the feature automatically.
Black CAT Mask adds a unique twist to night vision — it highlights bots and opponents in different colors. This makes it easier to identify which is the high-value target.
The SPOTTER Booster highlights the targets with a big red (!) so it’s hard to miss. If you auto-enable the boosters, then the targets are always marked, even as they are about to respawn.
Target INDICATOR is part of your SCOPE crosshairs. If you have the scope upgraded to Level 5 or higher, then the crosshairs will turn RED when you hover over a target.
PRIORITIZING YOUR TARGETS
When you need to rack up Personal or Squad Points, opponents are worth a lot more than bots, especially with headshots.
- Utilize the combo bonuses for consecutive kills. This adds up exponentially and makes a big difference in your final score.
- Don’t get sidetracked on shooting random bonuses or booster coins.
If you need to complete your DAILY TASKS and don’t want to spend all day doing so, pick your gear based on the objective.
- First, scroll through the list of Level 1 Tasks to see what needs to be done.
- GOBLIN mask helps complete tasks 3X faster, especially for the larger number and difficult tasks, like KILL 30 ENEMIES SHOOTING AT YOU.
- BANE mask makes sure you are the first player on the battlefield for the GET 2 FIRST KILLS.
- Team Deathmatch will keep the difficulty split between players (only 3 opposing targets)
- You get more targets with Deathmatch maps (everyone is your target).
Your squad needs to win that next TOURNAMENT Tour, so how can you help?
- Follow the Commander’s directions and strategy. You might need to shoot the most opponents, or wear the lead vest as cannon fodder.
- Find out ahead of time, so you can pick the best gear. No use wasting a CAT mask if you are only instructed to shoot bots.
- If objectives change and you’re not properly equipped, compensate by auto-enabling your boosters — they are there for just that occasion.
These guides will assist you in learning to anticipate where your targets will appear.