“The system will punish strong players for being in weaker squads.” — Sniper Arena
This has been one of the latest game rule changes that has upset most of the Sniper Arena community, or at minimum has created a lot of struggles. Hopefully these details will make the “punishment” more of a challenging “penalty.”
A Squad Member earns a Squad Cup ONLY when the Squad earns it (most of the time).
Sniper Arena’s premise: “If a player has an ELITE SQUAD CUP, but their current squad doesn’t, then that player is higher ranking than their squad. This is unfair to the squad, so the player should be ‘punished’ …
This means players will be the most ‘efficient’ by being in a squad of the same league.”
HOW IT WORKS
A player is penalized if they have a Squad or Tourney Cup, which his/her squad doesn’t have. That player’s rankpoints will be decreased before adding them to their SQUAD contribution. This includes Rankpoints earned from Squad Deathmatches, Tournaments, or Dominations.
The penalties are determined by comparing the difference in the type of cups (league levels) between the player and their squad. The bigger the difference, the bigger the penalty.
Two Decrease Stages: 50% penalty for a difference in one league. 75% penalty for a difference in two leagues.
|SQUAD CUP||–||1 LEVEL||-50%|
|ELITE SQUAD||–||2 LEVELS||-75%|
|ELITE SQUAD||SQUAD CUP||1 LEVEL||-50%|
|TOURNY CUP||–||1 LEVEL||-50%|
|SUPER CUP||–||2 LEVELS||-75%|
|SUPER CUP||TOURNY CUP||1 LEVEL||-50%|
- Doesn’t matter the amount of cups a player has, just the level difference.
- The points reduction is applied after the battle, not during.
- The system will be applied to squad and tournament rankpoints only.
- Rankpoints earned as personal, alliance and contracts won’t be affected.
- The tournament rating points won’t be affected either.
EXAMPLE 01: a player has the Elite Squad Cup (Elite league). The player is in a squad which doesn’t have a Squad cup (lower league) – the difference is two leagues. Squad rankpoints earned by the player will be 75% less. If a player got 100 rankpoints, the squad will get 25 rankpoints.
EXAMPLE 02: a player has the Super Cup (Elite league). The player is in a squad which has the Tournament cup (middle league) – the difference is one league. Tournament rankpoints earned by the player will be 50% less. If a player got 100 rankpoints, the squad will get 50 rankpoints.
SO WHY ARE PEOPLE UPSET?
The issues came from when Sniper Arena tried to make the game more balanced, but ended up complicating it even more. They had good intentions, but lost it in logic and delivery.
In a typical scenario: One squad earned ELITE and SUPER Cups, but some of the players wanted to create a new squad. Those players retained their personal cups, but the new squad has no Squad Cups. New recruits had no penalties, but the founding players had a penalty reduction of 75 percent.
A different scenario: Those same players were booted or wanted to join a different squad. If their new squad did not have the same cups, then they would be penalized.
Actual comments from Sniper Arena:
- If you won a Super Cup, you should leave and join a squad that has one. Why would you want to stay with your squad?
- Why would a higher ranked player want to start a squad with lower level players?
- Lower level players should stay with lower levels, higher with higher.
- Sniper Arena implemented this rule AFTER giving out increased squad/tourney cups, AND giving them away as a prizes.
These statements totally contradict the reason why they made the change. If players don’t want to be penalized, they would need to find and join a squad of equal status. Some of the problems with this option:
- Squads are limited to 50 players, so higher level squads would eventually be full as everyone increases levels.
- Nature of established squads and friendships: most will not accept new members or limiting their selection. This increases segregation not balance.
- If only high level players play are grouped with their peers, there is no balance when matching competing squads.
- Should we all just work harder and spend more money to make up for the changes?
If you read the Facebook conversations after the rules changed, you would see by players responses, that Sniper Arena still doesn’t understand the impact of this rule change.