Not all things are created equal. With all the helmet and rifle options, wondering which are the best options or most bang for your buck? Here is some sage advice from veteran players.
When starting out RHINO will get you moving, HORNET is a good crystal helmet, COBRA is thought to be the best value.
- START with the RHINO and follow that purchase order
- DO NOT UPGRADE ARMOR. Focus on all of the other stats first
- HEAVIEST ON THE BATTERY. Longer night vision will help in targeting, but also cut down on the use of boosters, which are more costly per use and depleted quickly
- LEVEL 10 OR HIGHER. After those other stats are upgraded, then take armor to Level 2 and continue upgrading the other stats.
Each rifle has some very basic upgrade paths that will get you maximum returns. SR-25 and AS-50 will take you very far in the game, specifically the AS-50. The T-5000 is an great weapon and is attainable. TPAR’s are awesome, but way out of reach for even higher ranked players or those that have been playing for a long time.
- FOCUS ON: MAGAZINE, SCOPE, TRIGGER, BUTTSTOCK and BIPOD. Get them all to Level 5 ASAP.
- After that, you can upgrade AMMO, MUZZLE and BARREL.
- MAINTAIN 5/2 RATIO: Upgrade to 5 on Stability, Capacity and Speed to every 2 on Damage. This prevents the problems covered in the “Opponent Matching” and “Gear Imbalance“
- START SCOPE AT 14x. This should be sufficient for most maps. Some a little more, some a little less. When everything else is upgraded, then finish upgrading the scope
One indicator it’s time to switch rifles, is when it takes multiple shots to kill what you use to in one shot
When upgrading your Rifles and Helmets, some players keep the ratio balanced at DAMAGE 1: ARMOR 6 or sometimes 1:10